Health & wellness is something that we all want to feel, every day.Although hard to define health & wellness involves an absence of disease, but it is much more than that.
To have true health & wellness you must have a balance of the physical/structural, emotional /spiritual and nutritional/biochemical self. Because few of us achieve this on a daily basis, we are at risk of acute and chronic disease.
What is a Chronic Disease?
A chronic disease is a disease that has been present for 3 months of more. Type 2 diabetics, people with the metabolic syndrome or heart problems, arthritis or cancer have a chronic disease. Symptoms of chronic disease are often not obvious until the disease has taken hold. Tiredness and fatigue are often the first signs of chronic disease. Younger people who don’t have a healthy life style or a healthy diet are also at risk of developing chronic disease. Chronic diseases that are common in younger adults include a yeast candida overgrowth, polycystic ovaries or symptoms of hypothyroidism.
A person with the “average life curve” will develop problems such as type 2 diabetes symptoms by their mid 50’s. So that means the last 20 or 30 years of a person’s life could be spent suffering with a chronic disease. Improvement of health and wellness can be achieved with minor changes to the bad habits.
Why to Stay Healthy
As well as wanting to feel fabulous and have energy to enjoy life, here and now, you need to stay well as you get older. Why? Because chronic disease frequently results in the inevitable hospitalization and doctors visits. This can be costly to your wallet and your long term health.
Research from the US shows us that iatrogenic deaths kill around 999,936 people annually in the USA. These numbers are similar in other westernized countries. An iatrogenic death means those that are due to medical treatment, diagnostic procedures, or inadvertently by a physician or surgeon. That includes unnecessary surgery, medication errors in hospitals, other errors in hospitals, nosocomial infections in hospitals and non-error, negative effects of drugs. If that isn’t enough to motivate you to stay healthy, think about the impact on your quality of life and your family.
How do we Stay Healthy?
To make health & wellness a permanent part of your life:
- Eat a healthy diet that is enjoyable and easy to maintain
- Swap the bad habits for healthy life style habits
- Use the 85/15 rule – eat healthy foods 85% of the time
- Check out my nutrition information – being informed keeps you in control
- Enjoy regular exercise workouts
- Correct a health problem immediately
- Take a natural remedy rather than drugs, wherever possible
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Learn how to cope with stress and how to relax.
Improvement of health will reverse any premature ageing, decrease chronic disease risks and help you to stay well for longer.
Treatment of Disease & Ill Health
Disease develops as a result of nutritional imbalances that produce problems such as inflammation, toxicity or acidity.
Each of my treatment plans therefore include well researched nutritional information.
How to Stop the Metabolic Syndrome Naturally gives you information about;
- The metabolic syndrome criteria
- Cholesterol and diet
- What lowers cholesterol and increases HDL good cholesterol
- A heart healthy diet with healthy recipes for the whole family
- A healthy weight loss diet
- Foods to lower blood pressure
- Ways to lower blood sugar without taking drugs
- How to lower blood pressure using herbs and nutritional supplements
- Complications of the metabolic syndrome such as erectile dysfunction and polycystic ovaries syndrome
How to Beat Candida and Thrush Naturally shows you:
- How to tell vaginal candida (thrush) from other types of vaginitis
- How to treat a yeast candida overgrowth without drugs
- A 14 day Eating Plan for the candida diet
- The list of Allowed Foods for the candida diet
- What to cook with 120 nutritional recipes for the anti candida
- How to recognize the multiple candidiasis symptoms
- How to test for candida
How to Increase Energy Naturally is the definitive guide to tiredness and fatigue and how to boost energy. The book;
- Gives you nutritional information about how your body makes energy
- Explains the top causes of tiredness and fatigue
- Tells you how to find out if chronic disease is the cause of fatigue
- Lists the best naturopathic remedies to boost energy
- Shows you how to have energy again, in 7 days or less
- Tells you the foods to increase energy and the ones that make you tired
- Discusses how stress causes adrenal and thyroid problems including hypothyroid symptoms
- Looks at the other causes of hypothyroidism
- Uncovers the nutritional information and a key to the cause of hypothyroidism
- Lists the many signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Reveals the good foods for hypothyroidism
- Looks at hypothyroidism and diet plus the everyday foods that slow thyroid function
- Provides you with 147 nutritional recipes to boost thyroid function
- Gives you a step-by-step guide to treatment for hypothyroidism
How to Control Eczema Naturally is based on proven treatments used in my clinic. It gives you
- A simple treatment for eczema to turn off the itch FAST
- An easy diagnosis guide with pictures of eczema
- Information on the cause of eczema and how to avoid the triggers
- Drug and cortisol free remedies for eczema
- Creams for eczema that you can make at home
- An eczema natural treatment guide to sooth and heal the skin
- A natural remedy for eczema that rebalances your immune system
- A lists of the worst food for eczema
- Information on testing to work out if your are allergic to food or airborne allergens.
Welcome to Recipe to Health.
My name is Vivienne Savill and I am a Naturopath and Registered Nurse and I run a natural health clinic in Australia where I help patients with a diverse range of symptoms.
My new series of books contain lots of information to recover from ill health and/ or attain health & wellness.
Each book is designed to bring to the reader the most up to date health information and present it in a logical, meaningful manner that the reader can understand and make use of. Each book is a self help guide that discusses specific health issues. The health books contain diagnostic criteria, testing information, a natural treatment plan with a healthy diet and healthy life style.
Naturopath and Registered Nurse
Reg Nurse, Adv Dip Nat, BH Sci (Comp. Med)